Tuesday 28 June 2011

Tuesday June 28th

Many of my Facebook friends and many others who I don't even know are joining up to boycott the London Olympics next year. I am boycotting along with hundreds of others who are doing so in protest of the family Law system that is broken beyond repair. It would be an amazing event to attend but it would be wrong of me to do so in the current climate. The ticketing fiasco has not helped it's cause either. I have not applied for any tickets and I will not be watching any events on TV. 

This blog will be a 2012 Olympics free zone! 


Today I understand that there is a growing call for a protest outside David Cameron's house and I am not referring to Downing Street! A number of the groups that are campaigning for family law reform have had enough of waiting while nothing happens and are calling for direct protest action. They already have many takers. I know there was a similar protest outside Ken Clarke's house on Father's Day while he was supposedly "out of the country!" This looks like it will be bigger. There is certainly a growing amount of dissatisfaction around the country. On Thursday there is going to be a strike taking place by all the teachers even though the Education Secretary has called for it to be stopped.

I am also reliably informed that many fathers are to begin a hunger strike in protest at the corrupt and broken family law system, beginning on July 10th. Almost a year after my own 79 day hunger strike. Maybe I should sign up and do it with them. Maybe if so many of us do this together the multitude will be far louder than my one voice last year. 

The Prime Minister himself has pleaded for public sector workers to call off their strike on Thursday. As he puts it "For the good of the country!" Maybe he should have thought about that before he started going back on his pre-election promises. Maybe he is looking for an all out protest such as is taking place in Greece right now. Will he listen if things escalate like they have in Athens today? 

I said right at the start of this year that it was the year for change and that change is happening the whole world over. It is time to make things right again. It is time for governments to listen to the people. it is time for the people to make their voices heard. 


There is some good news for consumers today with the hidden card charges to be banned. Having been a "victim" of these charges myself I welcome this change. I have fallen for these hidden charges a few times myself in the past. Wouldn't it be nice to see something advertised at a certain price and you actually end up paying that price when you book. Now when are they going to sort out these trains, planes and hotels etc. who charge you one price if you book months in advance and then hike up the same ticket a matter of weeks or days later! I have never seen the sense or fairness in that! 


Back at Wimbledon, with both the Williams sisters out the new favourite to win the women's championship, Maria Sharapova cruised into the semi finals with a 6-1 6-1 win. Now if only she could quit that loud grunting noise! 

Plymouth Argyle is on the brink of the long awaited sale. Let us hope with five weeks before the start of the new season that it does not take up any more time and that the club can get sorted out in time.

Ooooooops I forgot to name the recipient of TWAT OF THE WEEK last week. Oh fuck it, let's just say LC2 anyway. While she refuses to accept she is wrong and biased towards to LC1 she is always going to be in the running for the award weekly anyway. She does not even have to do anything overly wrong to get nominated, she does has to refuse to do anything right and that is enough for me! Would love to find out where she lived and organise a protest on her roof! Oooops maybe I should not have said that as it is bound to reflect in her next over elaborated report and conversation with the court appointed psychiatrist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment