Saturday 4 June 2011

Saturday June 4th

See common sense and compromise work a treat don't they? My ex met me at top of my road for 10:00hrs and I dropped the girls off where she wanted at 16:00. How hard was that? She sent the girls without any sunscreen or hats and my eldest who suffers from hay-fever and asthma had no medication with her. Given that the day was freaking hot and there would be a high pollen count that was a bit dumb. 


First thing we did was go through all their Doctor Who cards which we are collecting. 3D ones are amazing that are used with webcams! After we did them we went into town and although the girls had their swimming costumes on in this heat and during half term trying to get into swimming without pre-booking would be close to impossible! I had noted that there was a fun day on The Hoe so we made for there. Stopping for a coffee and cake first at my usual place and then heading for Boots to spend £16 on sunscreen and hay-fever tablets! 



We got to The Hoe and my eldest made for the mock rock climbing and did pretty well until the heat affected her hands and she sweated a bit so slipped but then she abseiled back down and found it great fun. Then we made for the big bouncy castle and inflatable slide which they both went on and had great time. 

It is my birthday tomorrow and the girls had brought me a card and cd. Both calling me the World's Greatest or Bestest Dad! Which given the fact my ex has done everything in her power to stop the girls from seeing me or spending more than a few hours with me since last August would be a bit of a ironic point! 

I had seen an artist on the Barbican who did caricatures and had thought if it was not too expensive I might get one done of the girls for my birthday. They sat still and quiet in the seat for about 15 minutes and we all love the resulting picture. 






My eldest pointed out a picture of a Tudor Rose and even told me it was incorrect with it's colours. She told me she was studying the Tudors at school and went on to tell me about Henry and his wives, naming all of them. So as she was interested we walked to the Elizabethan Gardens and she wanted to take a few photos. She took a few notes too and asked if next week we could visit the Merchant's House and Elizabethan House so she could write and take photos and take into school. So that is next week sorted then! We then had a drink and walked around to MacDonald's and finished off by buying a nice frame for the picture which the two girls chose. 


In the world of sport, England played Switzerland in a Euro 2012 qualifier at Wembley. The result was 2-2 and as an England supporter it was dire to say the least. Both sides could have won it and if it had been Switzerland I would not have been too surprised. To say I am not a Capello fan is a gross understatement and with England's failure in the last World Cup to see him still in his job is a bit of a sickener for me! Fortunately England remain top of their group because Montenegro could only muster a 1-1 draw against Bulgaria. 

In the entertainment world it was a final of one of the so called talent shows. The one on ITV but I have never watched them and do not intend doing so, especially as some of the acts on these so called talent shows lack the prime ingredient "TALENT!" I have no idea who won although I could find out just by reading through a number of Facebook profiles as a few friends constantly update their statuses with what is going on! That too gets on my "moobs!" If I was interested in watching it or knowing who performed well or crap I would watch it instead of waiting for someone to update their Facebook status! 




No comments:

Post a Comment