Thursday 16 June 2011

Thursday June 16th

As I have written her many times, I don't watch the soaps as regularly as others I know but every now and again a storyline comes up that makes me take a bit more notice. Apparently in Emmerdale a couple have separated and I am sure many of you will know the ins and outs as to why, but the part that I know is that for one reason or another the woman is trying to do everything to keep the guy from having any contact with his daughter out of spite and to get her own back on him for whatever he has done. Now why does that sound familiar? I don't know if he had an affair after his wife had an abortion or not but..........................! 

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180007408697898&view=wall&notif_t=event_wall
This is happening across the world! More and more people are standing up and saying that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! More and more people are saying the system is fucked and we want it put right! More and more people are saying "WE WANT OUR CHILDREN BACK!" 


I could not plan to go out today as an engineer was coming from BT to sort out the wireless connection. As it happens he was due to arrive anytime between 08:00 and 13:00. I was woken up at 06:30 which was annoying as I had set the alarm for 07:30. It was not the front door or phone or alarm that woke me though. Instead, I was rudely interrupted from my sleep by the sun reflecting on the window of the house opposite and it was so bright it was beaming through my curtains onto my face! Well they do say that the sun shines on the righteous right? 


Sure enough just after 08:00 the phone rung to say it was the engineer who had just run a test and was on his way to the house. He arrived about twenty minutes later and after checking all the connections and sorting out new sockets he asked how long the wireless router was. When I told him he looked at me and asked if I wanted one of the new ones that were being advertised on the TV at the moment. I never look a gift horse in the mouth and of course I said "YES!" Not long after he came back from his van and handed me the box, unpacked it's contents and installed the new router for me! 

As he was leaving it absolutely poured down with rain. To be fair it had been raining heavily for an hour or two but right now as I looked out of the front window there was a small stream running down to the bottom of the road. Previously I have walked out in any weather and usually when it has been this bad I have been soaked by drivers who like to drive as close to the kerb as possible to get the best effect of spray at pedestrians. Even the buses have done it! With the rain getting heavy and then lightening up and then getting heavy again I decided to stay in and keep dry. 

This afternoon there was racing from Royal Ascot on anway and I have been watching it each day this week and picking my horses in the paper but not betting on anything (I only bet on the Grand National - just in case mr or mrs anonymous wants to start in me for gambling hahahahaha!) Aiden O'Brien's much favoured horse Fame And Glory won the big race and left a lot of bookmakers weeping. This comes a day after another of his horses was such a favourite that Willie Carson told viewers they could bet their houses on So You Think to win the Prince of Wales Stakes, and then have to eat humble pie as it was beaten by Frankie Dettori's mount, which I had picked out!


Despite there still not being a settlement in the Plymouth Argyle saga, the draw for the First Round of the Carling League Cup was made today. Argyle were drawn at home to Championship side Millwall with the date of the match scheduled for August 8th. The fixtures for the new season are out tomorrow. As I am still unsure of what is going to happen with my children and LC1 getting her act together I am in two minds as to whether or not I am buying a season ticket for my eldest daughter and myself again this year. Truth is, if LC1 does not get a fucking grip and settle this before the girls break up at the end of July I will not be around to take them to football anyway. I have had enough of this shit and as I have stated previously, I will walk away and let them read all about the reasons I am not in their lives when they are old enough. As for LC2, let's hope the upcoming report from the government puts paid to her corruption and her career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment