Sunday 19 June 2011

Saturday June 18th



Well the girls were on time again but unfortunately the weather did not start off too good. For the first couple of hours we stayed inside, this did allow us to update our Doctor Who cards on the website. We also played a table top ten pin bowling which the girls used to enjoy playing when they stayed here for the weekend. The girls also brought with them a gift for Father's Day which is tomorrow and a couple of cards.

Then something happened that I wasn't really expecting but made my day. My eldest asked to put some music on my laptop. Now let's not forget that my eldest daughter is a Justin Bieber fan and automatically I thought that we would be listening to one of his songs! How wrong was I? She went through Youtube and then came and sat on my lap and threw her arms around me and then stuck her head on my shoulders while grabbing me tight. Then the first note came on and I didn't have to look or check to see what it was.

I guess that LC1 and LC2 will have to work harder on their alienation techniques! 

When the rain eventually stopped the girls wanted to go to the Hoe so we headed out and walked through the City centre and then up to the Hoe before walking down to West Hoe park. The girls went on the swings and then as nothing else seemed to be working properly apart from the trampolines, they went on what used to be a tea cup ride which is a bit like a mini fair ride. My youngest then asked to go on the train ride there so the eldest grabbed my camera and took photos of us riding around on the train. After the train ride the two girls went on to the bouncy castle. 

After the park we headed back to the shopping mall for lunch. We all had toasted ham and cheese sandwiches and a drink and then the two girls had an ice cream while we sat in the mall watching people sitting with their feet in small water tanks and fish nibbling at them! 

LC1 arrived early and as soon as the girls saw her they obviously thought it was time to go. Just for the record I am claiming that time back in the future! 

The rest of the day / evening was spent indoors watching TV. I had bought some sky lanterns and one was going to be released tonight for SANDS Awareness Day. I managed to iron on a WHY17? transfer onto it. The only problem was that the wind was pretty strong and in the past this has meant that the lantern just got blown into fences or bushes and not even lit properly. When I left the house the wind was fairly string but as soon as I got to the park just across the road, it had died down a bit and I was able to light the lantern right away. After that the hot air filled quite quickly and then the wind picked up again. The lantern was dragged for a few seconds along the ground and then just took off and headed straight up and away. It was so fast that I was only able to take a few photos of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment