Sunday 26 June 2011

Saturday June 25th


I had the girls from 10.00 as agreed, but I also made clear I would not drop them off until 16:10 to make up for the time my ex picked them up last week. The weather started off muggy and despite favourable weather reports I did expect the dark clouds to drop some rain at one point. The postman delivered our Doctor Who parcel just as I was going to walk up to the corner to meet them so that was good timing. 



We spent about half hour going through the new cards and magazines for the website before heading into the City centre. We made for the Hoe where there was a large military gathering to coincide with Armed Forces Day. A band was playing and there were a number of displays and side shows along with a Remembrance service on the Hoe. 



After we spent some time there and the girls had had some doughnuts while I settled for a chocolate and banana crepe, we headed for the bowling centre. We had an hour there and during one point my eldest daughter sat in complete disbelief that my youngest managed to get a strike! As it was we all agreed the match was a draw. We had plenty of time to kill and because we have our annual pass for the Aquarium we went to spend the rest of our time there before we headed back for ice cream and then handing over at 16:10.



The weather was warm and at times very hot despite not seeing any sunshine as such, although this evening as I write this I can feel my face slightly hot. Actually I am sitting watching a film and I have the window open to let some cool air in, Trouble is there is no cool air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment