Thursday 5 May 2011

Thursday May 5th


So today is the day for voting here in the UK. For some of us we are voting for local councils and the Alternative Vote referendum. For others there are three votes. I had no qualms about going and making my vote count. I did have a brief discussion with a few smart looking people when I went to vote after one of them asked for my polling number and then when I handed them my card he stated that according to my number I was a "Special known voter!" What that means is still beyond me. Maybe because of my dissent against the system I am a marked man. Conspiracy theorists please feel free to drop me a line any time! As you can see in the photos above I made a new t-shirt which I shall adopt for when I do other things in the future! Will even think of wearing in court in a few weeks time! 

After making my votes for the local council and the AV referendum I headed for City centre and walked around in the bright, cloudy, warm, cold, dry wet weather. Actually I think the only thing we did not have here in Plymouth was snow apart from that we got it today! I headed for the Barbican and treated myself to a nice jumbo sausage and chips and then made for the Salvation Army hall where my parents would be. After walking home and not having time to have a cup of coffee, my mother came in and asked if I would walk her down to the polling station, dad did not feel up to it and decided to stay at home. He did say I could go and put his vote in for him but I told him if he had said so a bit earlier he could have let them know I was going in his place, you can do that up to 5.00pm on the day! So anyway I walked down again to the same polling station I had been six hours or so earlier with my feet already aching! On the way back as I was walking up the hill towards the house my knee locked and up to a few minutes ago it was still giving me a bit of agony! 

This evening on the BBC on Question Time they are taking up a lot of time talking about Osama Bin Laden and the rights and wrongs of his "execution!" To be honest there are pros and cons to both sides of the story as I have touched on already. Allegedly more "facts" are being released about the circumstances surrounding the assault that led to his death. Will we ever know the whole story? Probably not! 

By the way! It is now exactly one month before my birthday and I have asked all of my Facebook friends at least, not to post a birthday greeting on my profile page this year. Instead I would ask that you light a sky lantern wherever you are in the world at 9.00pm your time and then post it in recognition of those whose children have not been with them or sent cards for their birthdays. We shall also be organising something for Father's Day which is June 19th. YES I KNOW CRAPCASS READ THIS SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT ON MONDAY 20TH DON'T YOU? Just saying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment