Thursday 19 May 2011

Thursday May 19th

A leading child law QC has said “the ball is in the media’s court” after a ruling by Sir Nicholas Wall, president of the Family Division, that the names of experts and their reports should be “routinely disclosed”.
http://www.solicitorsjournal.com/story.asp?sectioncode=103&storycode=18372&c=3&eclipse_action=getsession&eclipse_action=getsession

I have to seriously think of the most deserving recipient of Twat Of The Week Award this week. The person who decided at the last moment to change the court hearing from Plymouth to Exeter and forgot to let me know! The drivers who constantly speed up as they go around the roundabout at the bottom of my road and then cannot stop in time to let you cross the road or swerve to speed by you! OR (believe me a few others could have made the list this week) the moron who designed the new layout for the Tesco store in the middle of the city centre. It is a death trap. I am certain if a fire or similar event took place in or around that store someone will killed or seriously injured just trying to get out of the fucking place. I went in today and walked around and straight out again without buying a thing. It is a disaster waiting to happen. Complaint sent this afternoon and I await a reply.


I rarely watch the TV soaps everyday and would much prefer to watch a film or any of the CSI episodes that are on the various other channels when the normal soaps are on. However I did catch Eastenders tonight, which I have not really taken any notice of since they started a story featuring a baby's death and then a baby swap story. In tonight's episode two of the characters are either going through the early stages of separation or have actually separated already. During the episode a child stood in the middle of the couple and an argument soon filtered out and calmness returned. The woman was in the process of leaving the house but assured the child that BOTH PARENTS LOVED HIM AND THAT NOTHING WOULD STOP HIM FROM HAVING A MUMMY AND A DADDY! Yes I admit I had a little lump in my throat at the thought that at last this soap had taken a real subject and gave it a fairytale ending in the way that the children of a separated couple do not have to miss out on one or other parent's love! Again like the storyline surrounding the baby these script writers obviously do not live in the real world. In the real world it ends with one parent saying.....

BOTH OF US LOVE YOU BUT I AM AN EVIL BITCH SO YOU DON'T GET A FUCKING CHOICE. FORGET THAT I HURT YOUR DAD, HE HURT ME SO HE IS GOING TO SUFFER BY NOT SEEING YOU ANY MORE! OH YOU DON'T LIKE IT? TOUGH SHIT, I HAVE THE LAW ON MY SIDE AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU, HIM OR ANYONE ELSE CAN DO ABOUT IT! GET USED TO IT AN SAY GOODBYE TO DADDY! DON'T WORRY BECAUSE IN A FEW WEEKS YOU GET TO CALL SOMEONE ELSE DADDY!

Fuck me, I should be a screenwriter! (And I should point out that it is not always the mother who holds the aces and hides behind the law and the lies. Sometimes the dads are guilty of it too but I am just using my own case to illustrate the point.)

Isn't it funny how in real life, when people get hurt they forget how much they hurt someone else and then turn all the blame on the other person! Sometimes it is not even the other person who has hurt them that sparks off the retaliation and yet it is everyone else who suffers! I know I have done it myself and had it done to me too! Then again it has been happening for the past four years really and the tit for tat games go on and on without anyone realising it would take one word to stop it and let "normality" be reborn! I think the name of the song we are all looking for here is "Sorry seems to be the hardest word!"


No comments:

Post a Comment