Sunday 1 May 2011

Sunday May 1st

There is a famous phrase or two that spring to mind today! "It ain't over till it's over!" AND "It ain't over till the fat lady sings!" I am not even sure that the fat twat from crapcass has a singing voice to be honest but the fact is no fat lady is singing and it certainly ain't over yet as far as the Premiership title goes. Arsenal hosted would be champions Manchester United this afternoon and before half time should have been awarded a penalty and should have seen the visitors down to 10 men. Unfortunately the only person who failed to realise that was in fact the referee! Surprise surprise! Aaron Ramsey managed to put Arsenal ahead with the opening and as it turned out the only goal of the game. That started the Manchester United onslaught and Arsenal were lucky to hold on to their lead and take the three points. So all is still to play for and if Chelsea manage to beat Manchester United next week it means that all is still to play for. I think I predicted very early on in the season that it would go all the way to the final game of the season and I could be right. Then again I am right in a lot of things, just a shame nobody believes me! 


This evening for the first time in a very long time I flicked through the channels on the TV and found myself watching Songs Of Praise on BBC ONE. It is a very long time since I can honestly say I have felt in the least bit religious. I think God and I have a number of differences that we need to settle before I can open that door again. Never say never though as the football result proves! Of course there was reference to the big event that took place last week in London, but it was a reading from a bible that caught my attention. There was also a hymn that they sung that I had when I got married. Together with the bible reading i kind of started thinking of things that have happened in my life. 

The hymn was "Love Divine" and the bible reading was 1 Corinthians Chapter 13 which is widely known as "The Love Chapter." It happens to be my favourite chapter of the bible and I have often used it in the past when I wore a certain uniform and conducted meetings. I also adapted it to make a song which a good friend of mine added music to. The chapter itself shows the perfect description of love. 

The fact is that as humans we can have any skill or ability we could wish for but without love it is all worthless.  In fact without love we have absolutely nothing. 

So what is love? As the verses say....
Even if we are not religious, the definition of love cannot be explained any better than this. It is very clear to see that those employed in the family law system have not read their bibles very well! Then again this also applies to certain people in my life and my children's!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment