Thursday 12 May 2011

Thursday May 12th

So there I was just minding my own business sitting in the centre of town, eating a pasty and listening to a duo playing and singing some good old Irish tunes and songs. Imagine my surprise when I was tapped on the shoulder and when I look around it is a friend of my ex! Maybe it would be best if I just write the best contents of our conversation....

"Hi Nick. Good to see you. Not been good has it? Is there any developments yet with court?" 

Before I get a chance to respond...."Did you know she is pregnant again? Not really a shock though is it? 

At last I get to respond, "Hi how are you doing? How come it is not such a big shock to you then? I asked

"Nick think about it! How old is the youngest? Soon be in school full time! She won't have any excuse to stay at home now. Have you not worked out that she has never done a proper job since she had your eldest girl?"

I stood there opened mouthed by this person who happens to be a good friend (or maybe was a good friend!) of my ex. Perhaps a fall out has occurred somewhere!!! 

And I thought I was cynical BUT they had a fucking good point! Whenever my ex was due to go back to work she would herself pregnant! I am sure that it is purely a coincidence on each count but this friend of hers did get me thinking! I know through redundancy and illness I have been out of work now for about three years myself and a lot of this started when our daughter died to be very honest, but thinking back, apart from a few part time posts that she could work around school time and a few in which she worked in the same school as my eldest daughter this person was spot on! For the past 11-12 years my ex has not had a proper job and given real support in the home! Sure she did the washing but I went to work got the money in that she spent, mainly on herself and then went begging to my parents behind my back lending money and then telling me there were problems with the bank accounts, Then showing off her new hair and nails! Hmmmmm Now this has slammed a cricket bat against a bee hive! No doubt things will have changed now and she is happy and the new partner won't be so blind and perhaps stand up to her! Then again......! I wonder if history is repeating itself! 

This also got me thinking regarding where she is living! My children must think they are children of someone in the armed forces as they moved so many times in the past 9 years. That really shows stability does it not? No doubt last year they moved because she could not afford the three bedroom house she had (presumably the new partner was living with her then (maybe housing benefit should check that a fraud has or isn't being committed there!) So they shall have to move yet again to account for the new baby! Again just me being cynical!! 

So not only is the ex playing the legal system she has been playing the benefit system for almost 12 years too! Oh but we must not forget that she does have ongoing health issues! Hmmmmmm! Maybe I should call Jeremy Kyle, he could have an episode dedicated especially for her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment