Monday 16 May 2011

Sunday May 15th

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8508031/Judge-demands-review-of-damaging-divorce-laws.html

Are you reading this in Plymouth and Exeter you judges that don't seem to see what the fuck is wrong with YOUR system!


On a lighter note.....Sadly Arsenal lacklustre season by their own standards seems to be flickering out with just another game left. They lost at home to Aston Villa and I understand that they got booed off the pitch. Manchester City who finished off a great weekend for Manchester by winning the FA Cup could actually beat Arsenal to third spot if they win their game in hand and then it will depend on the final game of the season. Oddly enough the season finale is usually the FA Cup Final which comes a week after the season is finished but this year it came the week before. 





I went for a stroll around the Barbican this afternoon as there was an announcement that prior to next weekend's Pirate theme there, the tall ship used to film the Mutiny on The Bounty starring Marlon Brando was moored up. When I got there there were a number of people lining up to see it and a few men on board were preparing it for visitors. Next weekend visitors can actually go on board and walk around the decks. May have to visit it myself. Would be nice to be able to take the girls but somehow I don't think my ex is going to do the decent thing before the hearing on the 23rd and in fact I can only surmise, despite me having evidence she has told various people it is her solicitors who are delaying the hearings and not her, that we could possible have an adjournment in the case. After all she is pregnant! Then again we have had "I cannot attend as I have a cold!" I cannot attend as I cannot get childcare for 4 months time!" "I cannot attend as one of my children and I are not very well!" Not being funny but I think the only excuse she has not come up with so far is that a relative has died. Then again she may think I would find that highly suspicious as the young people I used to work with tried that excuse so many times I banned it from the training room! One person was either the unluckiest young person alive, came from the most ill family in the city or had such a big family they broke all records for deaths in the family! Although I have to say the young girl who claimed that she could not attend training the week before due to being abducted by a spaceship did beat all other excuses. 


The idea behind Pirate Week on the Barbican is I assume to coincide with the release of the new episode in  the Pirates Of The Caribbean films which is released this week. As I write this I am actually watching the first film in the series which is being shown on BBC One this evening. Keeping within the theme I have also changed my language settings to English Pirate on Facebook. it is very funny watching the homepage feed going through in pirate talk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment