Tuesday 25 January 2011

Tuesday January 25th


On my way back from court yesterday I stopped off at Marks & Spencer and bought two haggis. It is Burns' Night tonight and as my grandmother on my mother's side was a Scot I decided to make haggis, neeps and tatties for mum, dad and me. I know the ingredients of a haggis are not to everyone's liking but to me they are not that bad. Sheep's stomach, oatmeal, lamb's heart and lungs etc. actually if you mash it all up and don't think about it, it is very similar to a Shepherd's Pie really! I don't know what all the fuss is about. 


Tonight was the Carling Cup Semi-final second leg between Arsenal and Ipswich with Ipswich bringing a 1-0 win to The Emirate's Stadium. For the majority of the first half Arsenal dominated the game, but did not manage to score. Watching Arshavin play, am I the only Arsenal fan that thinks he is rubbish? In the end Arsenal won fairly comfortably 3-0 and take one step closer to a possible quadruple of trophies this season! Yes I still believe Arsenal will (or at least can) win them all! The other Carling Cup semi-final sees West Ham away to Birmingham tomorrow evening. If West Ham win then it will mean my team will meet my brother and nephew's team in the final at Wembley. Nothing like a bit of family rivalry I say.

My second team, Plymouth Argyle, must surely be a bit closer to financial stability this evening after selling Bradley Wright-Phillips to League One rivals Charlton. 





No comments:

Post a Comment