Thursday 27 January 2011

Thursday January 27th


Today I saw this on a friend's status on Facebook. I just had to put it on here! FOR ALL TO SEE! Maybe it will stick in certain people's throats! I am reminded about something that my eldest daughter told me once when I asked her why she did not want to sing in a concert at her Sunday School. Her answer cut me like a knife in my chest...."Mummy says I cannot sing because I sing through my nose!" I should have replied "That's OK! Your mother talks out of her arse!" Just for the record, my daughter has a fantastic voice and is also an exceptional dancer who even makes up her own routines in front of the TV!


‎(1) IF A CHILD LIVES WITH CRITICISM< THEY LEARN TO CONDEMN. (2) IF A CHILD LIVES WITH HOSTILITY < THEY LEARN TO FIGHT. (3) IF A CHILD LIVES WITH RIDICULE < THEY LEARN TO BE SHY. (4) IF A CHILD LIVES WITH SHAME < THEY LEARN TO BE GUILTY. (5)IF A CHILD LIVES WITH TOLERANCE< THEY LEARN PATIENCE. (6)IF A CHILD LIVES WITH PRAISE< THEY LEARN TO APPRECIATE. (7) IF A CHILD LIVES WITH ENCOURAGEMENT< THEY LEARN CONFIDENCE. (8)IF A CHILD LIVES WITH SECURITY< THEY LEARN FAITH. (9)IF A CHILD LIVES WITH APPROVAL < THEY LEARN TO LIKE THEMSELVES. (10) IF A CHILD LIVES WITH FAIRNESS< THEY LEARN JUSTICE. (11) IF A CHILD LIVES WITH ACCEPTANCE AND FRIENDSHIP< THEY LEARN TO FIND LOVE IN THE WORLD.


Maybe CRAPCASS could adopt this as their framework and guidelines too! 

There is also a post on Facebook that takes people to a page "Any dick can make a baby but it takes a real man to be a dad!" I am so tempted to make a new one myself!  "Most C@@@S can give birth but it takes a real woman to be a mum!" Guess that counts a few out then!  

Sticking to sexism! I am getting a bit pissed off with the long running saga about Andy Gray and Richard Keys following their comments on SkySports at the weekend. Even now Thursday evening, the debate spilled over into Question Time on the BBC! Come on people. get over it already. They were wrong and they have both lost their jobs now move on! I don't see anyone telling Jo Brand to quit with her sexist jokes so let's get a grip! There are far more important issues to consider in the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment