Saturday 22 January 2011

Friday January 21st January

Old age has finally caught up on me. Today I collected my glasses. I have to say, as soon as I put them on I noticed a big difference in reading things. As I only need them to read it was really strange looking through them and seeing things in a distance being blurry! As it happens though I feel more comfortable wearing them than I thought I would. 

The weather was absolutely gorgeous again. Although there were clear signs that winter was still with us, on The Hoe it was sunny and fairly spring like. There were quite a few people walking around The Hoe and The Barbican areas. Whilst in the City centre itself it is still fairly quiet.

The big news today is the re-appearance of Tony Blair at the Chilcot Inquiry. During his grilling by those on the inquiry panel Mr Blair said that he "regrets deeply and profoundly the loss of life" during and after the 2003 war with Iraq. Fortunately for Mr Blair his appearance at the inquiry was demoted in the news because of other events taking place in and around the Houses of Parliament. 




No comments:

Post a Comment