Saturday 29 January 2011

Friday January 28th


As I write this I am waiting for the results of the Euromillions draw. I missed it on TV as I was watching the film Scary Movie on another channel. I walked into the City centre today and noticed yet again how quiet it was. It has been a week since I got my glasses and today my mother had to go in to get a new pair for herself. I could not stop laughing as she had to pay almost three times as much as I did and she is supposed to get more help than I do with hers. 


There is one or possibly two of my Facebook friends who are intent on stirring up some trouble and reporting to someone in particular about my activities. Sadly they assume that what they see on one particular application there is justification to go telling my business to others! All the applications does is send a golden heart to people and what is so stupid is the fact that my friends on there get sent the same heart between them. Today's for instance may have been "SWEET" or "KISS" or something else. The fact is that those who send me hearts and are on my friend list get exactly the same one. Other people who are not friends and I have no idea who they are usually get a "HELLO" or one identical to the one they send me. Does that make sense to anyone? 

Plymouth Argyle have a home game tomorrow against Bournemouth but as I told one of the guys in the coffee shop, I am dreading going. It is starting to look very bleak for the club despite recent selling of some decent star players, such as Bradley Wright-Phillips to Charlton. The financial situation was reported as being close to being sorted but over the past few days it emerges that there are more problems that have been uncovered or were not fully divulged to us supporters. As it is now it looks like a few more players will need to be sold off to get more money and even then it does not guarantee the club's survival until the end of the season in May. I think it is time to start treating each game as if it was the last! A Supporter's Trust has been set up and they are asking for a minimum of 10,000 extra fans to turn up for each home game till the end of the season. pretty hard when you think that this year we have seen games where the number in attendance has been just over 4,000. It does not look good. 

I had an email from my solicitor which brought a mixture of news. More on that will follow next week I guess. For now though I am maintaining a lower than normal profile and unless something really stands out that needs to be brought to the world's attention I anticipate the posts for the next few days to be fairly brief.


No comments:

Post a Comment