Friday 14 January 2011

Friday January 14th

Oh dear. Age is catching up with me at long last. I decided to have an eye test today after I was walking through Plymouth a few weeks ago and my eyes went blurry. This is the first eye test since I left school and I have prided myself in the fact that my eye sight has been perfect. I am the only member of my family not to wear glasses apart from my children. As it happens I do now need glasses and apparently I have cataracts on both eyes although they do not pose any problems and may have been there since birth. Bit of a shock but to be honest with the writing I do and the time I spend on my laptop it is not that big a shock! Luckily I did not have to spend too much. In actual fact due to the health history of my parents I not only had a free test, but I also got vouchers for my lenses and frames. What should have cost £225 in total actually only cost £70. What was surprising was that my mother also went for new glasses today and although her cost less she ended up having to pay more than I did! She upset me a bit by saying my glasses made me look "OLDER!" The woman who filled out my forms and ordered my lenses actually said they suited me but then again she is paid to say that! 


I thought I would give you advance notice of the BBC Panorama Programme that is due to be aired this coming Monday. So if you are interested in the topic of Britain's Missing Dads this may be worth watching. I know why a few of us are missing and I wonder if the subject of Parental Alienation or Family Law injustice is covered at all in the programme! If not I feel a follow up programme some time! Click on the link below for the BBC Panorama Homepage.



Today my enjoyment of Facebook has been short and sporadic thanks to a bug in their system. For long periods of time people have been unable to access their accounts. I guess that no matter how far we have come in technology, Facebook will never be able to operate perfectly! They get enough money so you would think they would be able to employ enough people who could actually keep it working. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nick - I've posted a review of this programme here: http://brightonmanplan.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/attack-the-fecking-system-frank-not-feckless-dads/

    ReplyDelete