Friday 7 January 2011

Friday January 7th


Today I am overjoyed with the news that PEOPLE POWER has struck it's first blow for 2011. Following a complaint to the BBC along with about 6,000 other people, the current storyline regarding the cot death of one child and then the grieving mother snatching another baby is to be brought to an early end. In my opinion it is good that the taboo subject of infant death is featured in these programmes that millions of people do watch. However such traumatic subjects such as losing a much longed for child should be handled with a bit more respect than the BBC were attempting to portray. As soon as I heard about the storyline I wrote a complaint to the BBC and it is good to know that along with me 1000's of others also found the storyline offensive. Thankfully the BBC, have bowed to public pressure. Just shows that sometimes the public can have a say. So today I see the first tick on my hit-list for 2011. The press also report that the actress portraying the grieving mother come baby-snatcher is to quit the soap among rumours that she herself is extremely unhappy with the way she is portraying this heartbreaking storyline.


Sadly today there comes news that ex-boxer Gary Mason has been killed in a motorbike accident. I have never been a boxing fan but I do remember watching a few of his fights. 

There is obviously more jubilant news in the media following on from England beating Australia 3-1 in the Ashes. Also in the sporting news today there is growing speculation that Arsenal's arch London rivals Spurs may be close to securing David Beckham on a loan deal from American side LA Galaxy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment