Tuesday 1 February 2011

Monday January 31st

No idea what is wrong with me today. I don't feel very energetic. Although I did manage to walk into the City centre and back again. I had a coffee at the usual place and then as I was coming away I was walking back towards home when I met my parents who were coming out of the Salvation Army Hall. They asked if I wanted a coffee and so I turned back with them and went to sit in and have another coffee, this time it was accompanied by a slice of lemon cheesecake. 


As I mentioned The Salvation Army above, I should congratulate Commissioner Linda Bond who has been elected their 19th General, and follows in the footsteps of William Booth. She takes over as General Shaw Clifton and his wife enter retirement. I am sure my parents will look forward to see what good comes out of this appointment. 


Last night was a bit of an on-off sleeping night which may account for my lack or enthusiasm this evening. I know at one point late into the night I heard a helicopter over my head. it turns out that a man is missing after coastguards were alerted to a boat capsizing in Plymouth Sound yesterday and they have been searching for him throughout the evening, night and morning. This afternoon divers recovered a man's body. 


More sad news today as it was reported that John Barry the composer of hundreds of movie themes passed away aged 77. I don't know of anyone who would not have heard of at least one piece of music written by him. 


In the football world, it is the last day of the transfer market and there is a heap of activity going on around the clubs, buying and selling and even loaning players till the end of the season. What amazes me (and not in a good way) is the fact that someone actually thinks a footballer is worth £50 million! It is obscene with the financial troubles throughout the world that a player can be sold for that amount. More proof that the world is in a sorry fucked up state! 

No comments:

Post a Comment