Saturday 5 February 2011

Saturday February 5th

I was awake fairly early this morning but did not actually do anything until lunchtime when I walked in to get my winnings from last night's Euromillions. 


After the joy of watching England beat Wales in the Six Nations last night, I thought the least that would happen today was even more good news as far as my chosen sides were. In the rugby for obvious reasons if England are not playing I choose to support one of the other home nations. Ireland were away to Italy and to be honest were slightly fortunate to win 11-13, thanks to a last gasp drop goal by Ronan O'Gara in a very tight match. Then it was France v Scotland and unfortunately for Scotland they were outplayed, eventually losing 34-21. 


In the Premier League today there were 41 goals in just 8 games. With Arsenal away to Newcastle, it looked like there would be a whitewash when within the first 10 minutes Arsenal were 0-3 and still had one goal to come before half-time. Shortly after the second half started Diaby was sent off and Newcastle made a fantastic comeback. A few questionable decisions by the referee and his assistant which did not help Arsenal's cause and will prove to be strong talking points but nonetheless will not change the final result of 4-4, which means Arsenal are now 4 points behind Manchester United who lost their unbeaten run away to Wolves to won 2-1. 


Argyle's troubles just deepen as they were beaten 2-0 away to Brentford. The result puts Argyle back in the bottom part of the table and just a few points away from the relegation zone. Hard to believe that a few weeks ago they were within a few points of the play-off spots.

This evening has been a quiet one with me going through some things with my mum and dad on their laptop. Even getting them to use the video camera to talk to my brother and his family over in Brazil. There was us sitting in our front room with jumpers on and there was my brother sitting in his room with just a pair of shorts on! 

Given that I had won a meagre £6.70 on the Euromillions last night I thought maybe my luck would continue tonight and maybe I would win the lottery jackpot! As it turned out I was not even close to the smallest prize! Oh well, there is always next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment