Saturday 12 February 2011

Saturday February 12th

Despite for the past few days feeling like I have been hit by a truck and deciding not to do too much, I felt a bit chirpier today and with the sun making an appearance I thought I might take a walk into the City centre before heading off to Argyle. I went for my usual coffee and then bought my Lottery ticket for tonight. Given that a new game has been introduced after Dream Number has been retired, I have no idea what it entails other than the normal Saturday and Wednesday draws but i am sure if I win I won't complain. 


Ahead of the Argyle game against Tranmere, there was a protest of a 100 or more die hard Argyle supporters which started in the City centre by the Sundial and then proceeded up to the stadium. As I got to the ground this afternoon, I sensed something in the atmosphere which had been missing from the ground for a while. The atmosphere outside matched the one inside  for quite a while. 

Unfortunately it seemed not to spread on to the pitch and although the players did their bit Argyle lost 1-3, although there were one or two very dubious decisions made by the referee! Yet again Argyle played well but lost despite deserving at least a draw. 


In the Premier League, Arsenal had a 2-0 win over Wolves which keeps them in touch with the current leaders Manchester United. Due to the fact that I was Argyle I missed the Six Nations England match against Italy but was pleased to see a heavy 59-13 win for England which keeps them at the top of the table and unless France beat Ireland with a massive score tomorrow, England will remain in control of the Six Nations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment