Wednesday 23 February 2011

Tuesday February 22nd


Well the stripping of the wall along the front wall is all done and the cracks and holes have been filled. First thing tomorrow I am sanding the wall and then later the paint will be applied. NOT MAGNOLIA! I met my parents this afternoon and got them to choose the colour they wanted with some gentle persuasion away from the magnolia tins! They settled for biscuit crunch! As long as I can start on that tomorrow they have a few days to work out what colour they want for the other three walls! 


I was saddened today to hear of the devastating earthquake that has hit New Zealand. Whilst I don't know anyone personally within the area of where the main quake took place I do know of people in New Zealand, both via Facebook and personally and my thoughts go out to all who have been affected. Sadly as I write this I understand that early reports of 65 deaths have now been updated and that currently the death toll stands at 75 and the fear is that the total may rise even further. As a mark of respect my Facebook profile has today carried a photo of the New Zealand flag. 


The unrest in Libya goes on with a defiant Colonel Gadaffi not only refusing to step down but threatening to quash those who oppose him. Meanwhile 10,000's of foreigners are trying to leave the country and reports suggest that over 500 people have been killed by government forces although this is not confirmed.


The crisis at Argyle off the pitch spilled over to the players tonight as they played away at league leaders Brighton. Brighton eventually won 4-0 and with the 10 points deduction imposed yesterday by the Football League for Argyle proposing to go into administration it means they are well cemented to bottom spot and any chance of survival will probably now involve a miracle both financially and teamwise. There is of course talk of possible buyers but there has been talk for sometime and to be honest as in my own personal life I am sick of people talking and not delivering. Whilst the players have not been paid for a few months now it has to be said that they have not let the side down and still have some passion left. Just a shame the same cannot be said for the board who would be advised to stay away from ground for a while. Not that this would a problem for the Japanese director Yasuaki Kagami who has never attended a game anyway! I cannot help but wonder how alarm bells did not begin ringing a long time ago with everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment