Friday 4 February 2011

Thursday February 3rd



Feeling much better today. At least the ground is not swaying from side to side anymore. I was not going to risk going too far today, but just before lunch mum phoned and asked if I could drop something off to her at the Salvation Army hall. I had to drop a letter off to my solicitor anyway which contained the document from my G.P. I still cannot quite get my head around why the court requires me to prove I am eating when they did  not give a shit when I was on my 78 day hunger strike! It really makes no sense! 


Although I didn't intend staying out for too long, I ended up out for quite a while and actually walked the furthest I had for a few days. Despite it being a fairly mild day with bright sunshine at times, as I walked around to the Hoe from the Barbican a gust of wind hit me full on in the face and took my breath away. 




As it is Chinese New Year between now and the 14th February I had Peking Duck with boiled rice and Special Fried Rice for my dinner this evening. While I was eating, my mother asked if I could make up some promotional tickets for an event that is taking place in April. For this I had to use my dad's computer and printer. My parents have wanted me to do a few things for them on the computer lately, and although I don't mind helping them out I get very frustrated with the computer and printer, which are both about ten years old and in need of upgrading. I ended up spending over an hour trying to print off a sheet of tickets and when I started banging my head on the desk, I think that was the sign for my dad to finally admit that his computer and printer needed to be retired. When they both had to go out to their social that they go to every other Thursday, I walked down to Staples to have a look at what they had down there. I took a few notes of prices and came back home. Later when my parents got back, I spoke to them about replacing the printer and also possibly looking into replacing the computer with either another desktop or maybe a laptop even! That way they could both use it, with a little teaching, in one room and be able to print whatever they liked! We are going to do some more looking around tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment