Saturday 5 February 2011

Friday February 4th


Despite spending the morning in bed after not sleeping very well, the rest of the day was quite productive. I finally talked my dad into replacing his printer ad we set off for Staples to have a look at the new Kodak printers. Although others were very cheap compared to the price of the printer I managed to persuade him that in the long term it was the inks that cost the money and that the Kodak printer offered far better value with the price of ink. So he settled for the Kodak 5250.

Then to my amazement dad started to ask me about laptops, it would seem that my observations about his old tower, which is about 10 years old, had finally got through. I looked at the Toshibas and the HPs among others but narrowed it down to those two brands. In the end I advised him to get the HP, which he did! 


This evening I set up the printer and laptop for him and then I sat and watched Wales v England in the Rugby Union Six Nations opener at the Millennium Stadium. it was a cracking match and England made a fairly comfortable winning start to their campaign with the final score Wales 19-26 England. 

Plymouth Argyle's future is looking very ominous now. The money promised by the majority stakeholder has still not materialised and they are due back in court next week to settle the winding up order made by HM Revenue. It is hoped that other solutions could materialise before the court date as according to Mr Risdale, the money runs out on Tuesday! 


Maybe if I win the lottery tomorrow, as it is a Rollover, I could buy out the club and ensure it's survival. Unfrotunately the Euro Millions tonight did not give me a big enough win! Out of the £24,368,199, I won £6.70! 

No comments:

Post a Comment