Sunday 19 December 2010

Sunday December 19th





Well not only has the weather decimated the sports fixtures this weekend, it has also brought the local Salvation Army to a standstill! I walked past this afternoon and saw the poster advertising the Community Carol Service which was due to take place at 6.00pm. However according to my mum it has been cancelled due to the weather! Gone are the days when we turned out in all weathers!! It is certainly not like it was in my day! Then again what exactly has changed for the better anywhere? Not a lot! 

Then again I did tell my mum a few weeks ago that I might turn up at one of  the Carol Services in  a Santa costume and hold up a banner and stage a protest about the corrupt Family Law system and how it meant that 1000's of children would be missing out on Christmas with one or other parent! Surely they did not cancel it because of that! 

I had a fairly lazy Sunday and did not venture out until late in the afternoon. I caught the sunset in Central Park and then walked up to Plymouth Hoe where I took some more photos of the sunset and snow. 




This evening is going to be just the same as the morning with a mixture of Facebook and TV. It is BBC Sports Personality Of The Year on TV tonight so unless something else grabs my attention I shall be watching that I suppose. Later there is the Father Ted Christmas Special on Channel 4. Having seen each episode more than twice I still find this programme hilarious every time I watch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment