Saturday 18 December 2010

Saturday December 18th





SO, a week today will be Christmas Day! We should all be getting excited but there are too many like me who are just dreading the arrival of the big man in the red suit! For me, I did not think that the events of last Christmas could actually be topped, but knowing that in August this year my ex-wife said to me that she was looking forward to letting me have the girls for Christmas but was lying through her twisted teeth kind of sticks in my throat! 

I cannot take my frustration out at football today as Argyle would have been playing away anyway today, however both Argyle's match away to Leyton Orient and Arsenal's home game against Stoke have been hit by the bad weather, along with many other games up and down the country. When they announce the results later it will be quicker to announce those games that did go ahead than it will to announce all those that have been called off! 

I went into the City centre earlier for my usual walk and coffee. The Salvation Army Band were once again playing Christmas music outside one of the stores and although not as many people as I thought there would be, it was fairly busy. As we had a heavier fall of snow overnight I was going to see what the Hoe looked like again but instead I turned back toward home. Instead of going back into the warmth however, I headed for Ford Park Cemetery. I have lived in Plymouth for many years now and never visited this cemetery which is a short walk from the front door! I have obviously visited another one a few times, especially on previous Christmas Eves! I don't know what it is about these places but I like the peace there and no matter where I travel I always like to visit the local cemeteries. Kind of morbid for some people I imagine but very tranquil and peaceful for others. 

With no football results to report or even to put photos up the only things to look forward to tonight are the Lottery draw and Strictly Come Dancing Final. If you read my hunger strike blog at all you would know that "Strictly" was one of the programmes that my eldest daughter and I loved to watch together. I wonder who she is picking to win tonight! Glamorous Granny Pamela Stephenson, former Eastenders star and model Kara Tointon and representing the men, former Blue Peter presenter and now Countryfile front-man Matt Baker! 

We are now six days away from the LIGHT UP THE SKY event, which is taking place throughout the UK and beyond, and the numbers of supporters on the Facebook page is slowly rising. Not sure of the numbers that are not on Facebook but it is a sad fact that there will be ONE lantern let alone the 1000's! 2010 is the year we finally said enough is enough and 2011 will see CHANGE one way or another!


No comments:

Post a Comment