Monday 20 December 2010

Monday December 20th




There was a heavier fall of snow during the night and the whole country seemed to be grinding to a halt! I wanted to get up to London to see my eldest son before Christmas but that is now not possible. It must be bad if Heathrow Airport is closed. Apparently Eurostar has also been affected as has most other forms of transport throughout the UK. 



Spent a long time out walking around Plymouth today. First of all I dropped my solicitor an email that said I was dropping down to his office with my daughters' Christmas cards but I would not be dropping any presents off. Not giving the ex an excuse to take any tags off and put her own on. I shall give the children their presents in person when I see them next. 

This afternoon I have been trying to unwind by watching a couple of Carry On films on TV but today even they are not cracking a feint grin let alone a hearty laugh out of me. I am completely drained and, I think the phrase best used right now is "Running on empty!" 

It would appear that although many of the football matches at the weekend were postponed due to heavy snow and frozen pitches and other sporting events fell to the weather, tonight's match between Manchester City and Everton is going ahead. If Manchester City win they will go top of the table for Christmas and Arsenal will be third.

I am absolutely astounded at the recent news just days after the Panorama about the mother of Baby P and how she was a manipulative liar. It seems the agencies that are supposed to protect our children are still failing. Someone in an office somewhere must be able to know when a child is in danger! This needs to stop and it needs to stop now! Someone needs to be held accountable in one of these so called child protection offices. But then again when a father informs someone that his wife has thrown his child across a bedroom and he is told he should forget about it, what can you expect? How many more children will die before anyone starts doing something about it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12043603
Mother kills two children.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12045847
Mother accused of stabbing four year old child.



No comments:

Post a Comment