Thursday 3 March 2011

Thursday March 3rd


The weather today was fabulous again. Sure sign that Spring is just around the corner. I was able to walk for quite a while today, so took the opportunity to take some photos as I had done towards the end of last year. During my hunger strike last year I had done this walk many times and almost tortured myself walking past the restaurants and cafes etc. Today I stopped and enjoyed a portion of chips and a jumbo sausage. 


Tonight I got quite upset watching a programme made for the upcoming Red Nose Day. Watching four celebrities adapt to life in Kibera which is the world's largest slum and then having to survive as a local. I have watched similar programmes in the past and to be honest I have been able to detach myself from them slightly. Tonight however, it was different in the fact that one of the celebrities was given work in a local hospital and had to deal with the aftermath of a stillbirth which reminded me of the fact that infant death has not respect for colour of skin or background. Then at the end of this first programme watching Lenny Henry in particular break down in tears brought tears to my eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment