Tuesday 1 March 2011

Sunday February 27th





Today the weather promised to be bright with a few showers so I hopped on the Cremyll Ferry and took a long walk around Mt Edgcumbe. The last time I was here I was with the girls and my parents so I did not get to explore too far. I decided to venture a bit further today although to start with getting caught in a downpour did not bode well. However the weather brightened up and for the rest of the afternoon it was a warm and sunny. I followed the trail right around the grounds and walked for miles. I have visited this places quite a few times in the past and this was the first time I had discovered the waterfall there. After seeing that I walked on and eventually came to the Deer Park. In the woods a number of deer were strolling and then on the hillside overlooking the bay there were a few more wandering around. I was enjoying the walk so much that I was not too bothered about getting back in time to watch the Carling Cup and to be honest although it was the first chance of silverware in 6 years for Arsenal I cannot really say that for me it is too important. 


As Birmingham beat Arsenal 2-1 at Wembley and the last goal was a comedy of errors by the Arsenal defence I was not too upset or downbeat by the result. I think if it had been the FA Cup rather than the Carling Cup I might have been a bit more gutted. Oh well the quadruple is not to be but the treble is still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment