Saturday 9 April 2011

Saturday April 9th

There are many other Saturdays that are commonly known as SUPER SATURDAYS, but today has to go down in history for me as a REAL SUPER SATURDAY! 




As I walked to Argyle today I felt optimistic but having felt this way before and at the end of the day felt completely down and depressed because of the scores etc. I did not know what I was to expect or if this feeling would stay with me throughout the day. The team came out to a standing ovation and they played their hearts out on the pitch. In fact it was hard to see that this team in green were the team that for the past few months have had to live off handouts and loans because there was no money in the pot. I cannot honestly remember too many shots on goal from the visiting team! As it was, Argyle took all three points with a very well earned and much needed 2-0 win. I have to also admit that for the first part of the second half I was a little pre-occupied with the radio in my ear as I listened to the Grand National. While Argyle were taking chances on the field I was watching the game with my finger on my earphones listening to the commentary of the big race, knowing I had a betting slip in my wallet with the name of a horse I have been talking to some people about all week! As the race was reaching it's climax so the match was heating up at Home Park. I was not only watching the game but by now mentally jumping over the fences at Aintree with my horse as it started to move ahead. Then it was Argyle 1-0.





Shortly after the first goal went in my attention was distracted by the news that BALLABRIGGS had won the Grand National! I took out my slip from my wallet and checked the odds I had taken and how much i was due to get back. £150.00! A little while later it Argyle 2-0 Walsall. I went down to the bottom as i normally do and cheered the team off, then I ran to the betting office in town to collect my winnings! 


I am sure these things happen in threes don't they? But surely a win on the lottery tonight would be too much and too greedy to ask for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment