Saturday 9 April 2011

Friday April 9th


Well today has been the hottest so far this year and apparently the weather for the weekend promises to be more or less the same. Just a shame that for a good part of it, I was stuck in the Salvation Army hall moving tables and chairs so that they can seat about 150 people for a "cabaret" style concert tomorrow evening by two founder members of The Joy Strings! I would not mind but because they have the children's club there in the evening, I had to go back at 8.30pm to finish off as they needed a few tables which then had to be transferred downstairs to the main hall! Oh and I also had to collect 150 pasties from the local supermarket and transport them over to the hall. 


So far so good.......!

When I returned in the evening to move the tables that were up in the young people's hall, my mum was upstairs so not at the front door to open it for me! Parents came and went and saw me standing outside, and still nobody held the door open for me. In fact most gave me strange looks. I would not mind but my eldest daughter used to go every week before the twat from crapcass did her dirty work so they must have recognised me! Ermmmm no! To make matters even worse, a woman who lives literally 2 minutes up the road from me and who has known me for about 15 years, came to the door and offered me a half eaten "Subway" sandwich and asked if it would be any use? I am aware that she is suffering from a type of dementia but to look at me and assume I was one of the local homeless people after I had shaved, had my hair cut and showered so didn't smell or look scruffy! 

Eventually I got in and was able to get the final tables sorted and then walked home while mum got a lift back. Yes I could have gone in the car but I had already been insulted by the driver's wife who thought I was a homeless person and while I was moving tables and chairs on my own everyone else was standing around chatting so I thought it best to let them all go and I would have a walk around seeing as it was a lovely warm evening. 

Just for the record, I used to be an active member of the Salvation Army until many years ago but have not been now for about 20 years although I did get married there and my children were all dedicated there. It's a long story and to be honest it does not retelling. 


I did manage to spend some time in the sun this afternoon while walking around after finishing the first part of the setting up. My first port of call was to get myself a cup of coffee. Then I walked into the local betting office to place a bet on the horse I think will win The Grand National tomorrow. I actually have my mind set on two but as one is owned by Sir Alex Ferguson, the \manager of Manchester United, I really do not want to have him to thank for a nice win!!!! So I chose the first option which happens to be the horse I have picked from the start of the week. 

I write this after the Euromillions Draw has taken place so I already know I am not a multi-millionaire. Oh well there is always the Grand National and the Lottery tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment