Monday 25 April 2011

Monday April 25th

Following on from the news regarding my ex wife's conversation with my eldest daughter's godmother a few days ago I wonder if she is thinking of the damage her solicitors have done to the children this morning. Not only do they not have Easter eggs from daddy but today is Parental Alienation Awareness Day! 

For more information click the link to find out more about Parental Alienation.

Below is an extract from the Parental Alienation Awareness Day website: 

WHAT IS PARENTAL ALIENATION AND
HOSTILE AGGRESSIVE PARENTING?

Parental alienation, sometimes called Hostile Aggressive Parenting, is a behavior by a parent, or an adult a child trusts, such as a grandmother/father, aunt, uncle, etc., whether conscious or unconscious, that could create alienation in the relationship between a child and a parent.

Parental alienation, or Hostile Aggressive Parenting, can be mild and temporary or extreme and ongoing. Most researchers believe that any alienation of a child against a parent is harmful to the child's emotional and mental health. Extreme, obsessive, and ongoing Parental Alienation can cause terrible psychological damage to children extending well into adulthood.

Parental Alienation vs. Parental Alienation Syndrome
Parental Alienation focuses on the parents behavior as opposed to the alienated children's conditions, which is termed Parental Alienation Syndrome.

Richard Gardner defined Parental Alienation Syndrome as 'a disturbance in which children are preoccupied with deprecation and criticism of a parent-denigration that is unjustified and/or exaggerated.'

Parental Alienation is damaging to children, whether or not they reject a parent. It's important to recognize and stop the harmful behaviors of the adults before any 'symptoms' develop in the child, and before the behavior escalates to Parental Abduction or Parental Homocide.



I also found this poem on another website opposed to parental alienation. 


An Alienated Child's Wish
Dear Mom and Dad,
Please remember me,
Think of my heart.
I love you both,
But I'm being torn apart.
I deserve to know,
I was created with Love.
gift from God,
A shining star from above
Now Daddy has his home,
Mommy has one too.
When you fight over me,
I feel split in two.

Written by Jan Butler







Let's see how long these stay there for today and tomorrow! 







And the good news continues for Argyle. A superb 1-0 win at home to MK Dons means that the fight to survive goes on. Standing ovation at the end and I have to say although the crowd was about average for the season, there were not many early leavers as has been the habit of a few. In fact I could only see a hand-full of fans leaving before the full time whistle was blown. Most of the team returned the ovation and again a number of them walked over to the crowd. Today Rory Fallon came over to give his shirt to a supporter. The pride and the passion still very much evident at Home Park. 








This evening after the match and then having something to eat, as it was a glorious evening I went up to the Hoe for another walk. Trying to get photos of the sunset around the new visitor attraction we have that is a smaller version of the London Eye! It is supposed to be here for six months. After walking up to the Hoe I then made my way to Central Park and lit my two lanterns for Parental Alienation Awareness Day! 






Just before my mother went to bed she came into to ask if I could do a quiz relating to the upcoming Royal Wedding for her meeting..............................TOMORROW! So for the past hour I have been scrolling through various sites trying to find various questions relating to Royal Weddings. Deep joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment