Monday 18 July 2011

Sunday July 17th


And the phone hacking scandal just keeps rolling on......More arrests and resignations and we are left thinking who could possibly be next and how deep does it go? Even the chief of the Metropolitan police was forced to resign for his mistakes. 


As I didn't have the girls today I spent most of it watching TV, the weather was not very inviting anyway. This year for the first time ever I managed to watch quite a lot of the golf. I actually found it enjoyable to watch which is a first. I played a few rounds when I was much younger and occasionally enjoy the pitch and putt in various places I visit and of course with the children even play crazy golf sometimes but to be honest I never really got into it too much. This week however I found myself glued to it. I think the warped streak inside me was wishing to see a "Father Ted" like incident. The eventual winner was Darren Clarke who after a number of years of personal heartache and tragedy finally had some good happen for him. Even I had a tear in my eye at the end as he made a speech and lifted the Claret Jug! 


After the golf I watched the Women's World Cup Final between USA and Japan. I thought USA would triumph and for a while it looked like they would, but just like England in the quarter finals with just minutes to go before winning, they let a goal in which tied the match. So it came to extra time and penalties. USA as it happens seem to be worse penalty takers than England. Japan World Cup Winners 2011. I have to say another good news story. When you think of the terrible effects of the tsunami in Japan a few months ago how this must give the Japanese people some hope for the future. Funny how sport can bring so much happiness after such devastating times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment