Thursday 11 August 2011

Thursday August 11th




Yesterday all I wanted to talk about was the news about the riots. In the end I thought that there was enough bad news still going around that I did not want to repeat it here. Tonight after a great day in Paignton with my youngest daughter I am here watching Question Time on BBC, which has been brought back to cover the recalling of Parliament in response to the rioting.

Lots of blame has been spread about. Unemployed, Young People. Retaliation, blah blah blah fucking blah! I have heard a lot of arguments about what and who is responsible for the recent events and I have to say that a lot of what I have heard can best be described as complete bollocks! 

One woman tonight did speak up and say that while people are quick to blame the youth of today and the parents of the youth of today, who is it that has reduced the power of the parent? People are calling for stricter parenting yet stricter parenting recently has been frowned upon. Parents can no longer smack their children. Parents can no longer do many things as they fear social services could come and take their children away. 

Fact is that we all need to go back to basics and learn how to be civil humans again. AND yes give the parenting powers back to the parents without them fearing that a knock on the door is going to be to have their children removed. You cannot call for tougher measures without looking back at the fundamentals. This world has gone soft and there are too many do-gooders interfering. Then the same do-gooders complain when we have events like we had these past few days. 

Forget that the Kaiser Chiefs recorded "I predict a riot!" 

I hate saying "I told you so!" BUT..........................

I TOLD YOU SO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment