Tuesday 13 March 2012

War! What Is It Good For?

Recently on the news we heard about six British members of the armed forces who were killed on active duty in Afghanistan. Today on the news we hear about a group of Afghanistan people who were killed by a member of the U.S Military who has gone crazy after an apparent breakdown. Just an average day in the Middle East then!

Why am I writing about it here? Well for days after the incident that took the lives of the British Servicemen I was asked to post comments and pictures etc to show respect and remember the fallen heroes who had sacrificed their own lives in the name of freedom. Today however, I received no similar requests to remember the innocent Afghans who had been killed. I find it very hard to come to terms with the way we all have mass hysteria each time a member of the armed forces gets killed in action and yet we as humans seem to ignore deaths of the innocent. It actually sickens me that we are all losing our humanity. 

I posted a status on my Facebook page to highlight this and it started a lengthy debate. A lot of people seem to share my view but I doubt any would actually stand up and be counted if it came to calling for world peace. 

So sad how we value human being because of their race or religion, the way they dress or who they have sex with. We are all human and there is only one race THE HUMAN RACE! Last year I called for change and throughout many countries we have seen it. Some things still need to change though and the call for change goes on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment